I got a message today that someone was looking at our site and calculated their use of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant on their farm was going to cost them $57,000 + for their 25-acre farm!!!
How did this person come up with such a high figure and were they correct?
- Our retail price for a 5-gallon container of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant is $249. That is roughly $50 per gallon(plus shipping).
- Our recommended program for soil is 40 gallons an acre for an entire year. That would mean they would be using 1000 gallons of product for the entire farm for the whole year:
- $50x40x25=$50,000 (If we recommended using EM•1® Microbial Inoculant right out of the bottle for large-scale projects, they wouldn't be far off).
Here's the beauty of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant: activation (it's on the website).
EM•1® Microbial Inoculant is activated, or brewed, using the EM•1® concentrate.
- You take 1 part EM•1® Microbial Inoculant, 1 part molasses and 20 parts water.
- That means you get 22 gallons of Activated EM•1® for every gallon of EM•1® you buy!!!
- Now, follow the instructions on our website and you see you only need 2 gallons of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant per acre of crop per year!
- That means, for this 25-acre farm, this farm would require 50 gallons of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant for a grand total of $2,500, or $100 per acre.
Let's look at what the costs would be for a homeowner:
- The average home in the US has a 1/2 acre lot.
- The average homeowner buys fertilizers for their lawn, a different fertilizer for their flowers, a different fertilizer for their trees, and another fertilizer for their vegetables. For their indoor plants, they buy another fertilizer for those.
- They usually also buy products such as peat moss, compost, manures, and other soil amendments.
- For a 1/2-acre lot, 1 gallon of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant would be enough product for an entire year for ALL plants on the property....inside and outside. EM•1® Microbial Inoculant is NOT plant specific. It is used to build your soil and makes nutrients available for the plants...that is what microbes do.
So, we would expect the average house to use one gallon of EM•1® Microbial Inoculant per year for ALL their gardening, landscaping and composting projects. All at a cost of $57.99 per gallon (plus shipping). It is a little bit more per year than a larger user, but not much.
As EM•1® Microbial Inoculant helps to increase the efficiency of fertilizers, the average consumer can expect to use 35-50% less fertilizer with EM•1® Microbial Inoculant and see about the same reductions in water usage as the soils build up. Now, take the cost of an average bag of fertilizer and cut the cost in half and it is easy to see that using EM•1® Microbial Inoculant will save the average consumer money.